SOLD OUT!!!!The Wintonbury Land Trust cordially invites you for a night of good cheer and gourmet eats at our fourth annual WINE & DINE Community Dinner and Fundraiser:
We gratefully acknowledge our two wonderful sponsors: SEABURY, An Active Life Plan Community and THE RICHARD P. GARMANY FUND at The Hartford Foundation for Giving Eat Well and Do Good! We are also grateful for all the businesses in our community who helped to support our event by placing an ad in our Wine & Dine program or donating in-kind: Elizabeth’s, Wintonbury Hills Golf Course, Republic, Bloomfield Discount Liquors, Hartford Art School CivicDesign class – Paulina Modesto, Darcy Peterson, Emma Schroh and Michael Scricco; Fredrick and Michelle Bononi, Elkabee Fabric Paradise, Dennis Hubbs,photographer; Brian Kulvete, wildlife photographer; Kathy Rohrs, Gillette Ridge Wines & Spirits, Contours Spa & Wellness, Solscape, Auerfarm, The Print Hub, Ariston Oils, Isaac’s Bagel Cafe, White & Katzman, Bloomfield Village Pizza, Sala Thai Street Food, Skin Care by Doina, Baram, Tapper & Gans,llc; Ornamentals- Specimen Tree Pruning, The Dental Center,llc; Village Plumbing,llc; Romano & Fetterman,pc; CTec Solar, Therapeutic Massage Associates, Bloomfield Garage,inc; Duncaster, RealLiving, The Green Machine, The Rideshare Company, University of Hartford, President’s College; Williams Service Center, Back East Brewery, Milano Salon & Day Spa, Northeastern Chimney, Naatiya Indian Restaurant and People’s United Bank.
PLEASE SUPPORT THESE BUSINESSES…TOGETHER WE CAN WORK TO PROTECT OUR NATURAL RESOURCES, OUR FARMLANDS AND OUR WILDLIFE CORRIDORS!
- “Meet and Greet” your neighbors and community at the picturesque Wintonbury Hills Golf Course for tasty appetizers, a glass of wine and friendly conversation.
- Then join other guests for a home-cooked dinner in an intimate group setting at one of our many hosts’ homes in Bloomfield.
- Enjoy old-fashioned conversation over dinner while getting to know folks around the table.
- Dress is “informal chic.”
- DEADLINE TO BUY TICKETS: April 12
Make a Reservation
Tickets are $85 as a member or $95 as a nonmember (become a member and save $10). Your reservation includes a reception with appetizers, a sumptuous meal with wine & dessert in a private home, and the warm feeling you’ll get doing something good for your community — helping the Wintonbury Land Trust protect our natural resources, farmlands, and wildlife corridors. It’s a win-win for everybody! Reservations accepted on a first come, first served basis:
- Register online with a credit card. Deadline is April 12
- Print a PDF registration form to mail-in with a check.
- Can’t attend? Make a donation or voice your support in the event program.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Making a Difference
Wine & Dine is Wintonbury Land Trust’s major annual fundraising event, contributing over $19,000 to our funds in the past three years! Last year’s event enabled our 501(c)3, all-volunteer nonprofit to:
- Advance the mission of Hawk Hill Farm – Ongoing partnership with multi-year lease with HighlandArt Farm and their Community Supported Agriculture program; and support member gatherings at the farm such as the Fall Social & Hike.
- Conduct Educational Outreach Events – “Bears in Connecticut” presentation at our annual meeting; Earth Day co-sponsorship; Trails Day nature hikes; and work with the Town of Bloomfield to promote the community gardens at Lisa Lane Farm.
- Fund Annual Operations – Insurance, supplies, website redesign, stewardship, postage, property title searches, property surveys, and land appraisals; and strengthen our financial reserves so we have monies available for major projects and future acquisitions.
Please join us in protecting our community’s natural resources, farmlands, and wildlife corridors:
Update: The snow was too soft for cross country skis or snowshoes (and the streams were running high)! But hiking boots and poles worked just fine. Thanks for coming out to explore this special preserve!
Please come with good outdoor snow shoes or hiking boots if no snow is present. Wear seasonable outdoor clothing. The trail is an easy to moderate outing, one and a half to two hours in length.
Meet at the cul-de-sac at the top of Juniper Road in Bloomfield on Saturday, February 23rd at 9:30 am. Rain date is Sunday the 24th at 9:30 am. Check our Website and Facebook for postings or cancellation.
It’s time for a party with muffins, hot drinks, and (hopefully) snow at Hawk Hill Farm (map for directions).
Members and guests are invited to an informal Winter Social at Hawk Hill Farm. From 3:00 to 5:00 pm the Beanery Bistro will serve delicious muffins, hot chocolates, and coffees in the barn. Fire pits outside the barn will keep away the chill. We’ll have lawn chairs, or bring your favorite. Dress is stay-warm casual! Current members are free, and guests are $5 at the door (additional donations welcome).
Beginning at 2:00 pm an optional hike will start from the barn – and return in time for warm drinks and muffins with the others! Join us for up to 1.5 miles up Hawk Hill to Bloomfield’s LaSalette Park’s pond, woods, and view of Hartford.
We’re celebrating winter … and will be happy to tell you about the progress restoring the barn, keeping the farm in active use, and connecting trails in Land Trust and Town properties.
RSVPs appreciated. To help us plan, tell us you’re coming with an email.
Enjoy an invigorating hike from Simsbury to Bloomfield co-sponsored by the Wintonbury and Simsbury Land Trusts and Bloomfield Leisure Services. Along with the scenery, the free hike will showcase WLT and SLT properties that provide town-to-town trail connectivity linking through Penwood State Park.
For the approximately 5.5-mile hike, we’ll meet at 9:00 a.m. at the hike’s end point: the historic 1834 Oliver Filley House in Bloomfield’s LaSalette Park. Bloomfield Leisure Services will provide a bus to shuttle hikers to the starting point, the Flower Bridge in Simsbury.
From there, we’ll ascend to Penwood via SLT’s Owen Mortimer parcel and their gorgeous Tanager Hill property. We’ll take a rest stop in Penwood, visiting Lake Louise and The Pinnacle.
Then we’ll descend into Bloomfield by way of WLT’s Stout Family Fields and Hawk Hill Farm, home to distinctive Highland cattle, arriving back at LaSalette Park with (hopefully) some stunning views of Hartford.