It seems owls always have been surrounded by an air of mystery, probably because most are nocturnal and not easily spotted in the wild. During this free and informative webinar discover the extraordinary features of owls, including exceptional eyesight, hearing, and ability to fly silently. This is your chance to witness a live Northern Saw-Whet Owl, Eastern Screech Owl, Barred Owl, Barn Owl, and Great-Horned Owl!
The webinar is presented by staff from Horizon Wings Raptor Rehabilitation & Education in Ashford, CT. Their mission is to rehabilitate birds of prey for release into the wild in order to maintain their population and to educate the community to enhance awareness of the environment. “Asha” (pictured) is one of the Barred Owls in their care.
This is part of the Wintonbury Land Trust’s on-going Environmental Nature Series with Bloomfield Leisure Services. For everyone’s safety, we’re presenting this as a free Zoom webinar. No special software or user account is required, just a computer, tablet, or smart phone web browser. We need to send you a login password though, so definitely register for free as soon as possible.
For your safety we changed our 5th annual WINE & DINE community-wide dinner and fundraiser to A TAKE-HOME HARVEST DINNER from Our Farms to You on Saturday, September 26!
- Fall is the perfect time to order A Take-Home Harvest Dinner filled with tasty, locally-sourced foods prepared by Executive Chef Jeremy Archer and his team at Gillette Ridge Golf Club in Bloomfield.
- We are happy to announce the participation of our farm partners – Newgate Farms and The 4 Five Farm – along with other regional vendors!
- You get to select either a chicken, fish, or vegetarian entree. Each option comes with appetizer, salad, sides, dessert, and special beverages. Dinners will be complemented with Autumn flower bouquets and other surprises.
- Drive to Gillette Ridge Golf Club in Bloomfield where we will deliver your picnic basket to your car, carefully prepared and packaged according to all sanitary regulations.
Purchase Your Tickets
If you did not already purchase your tickets for Wine & Dine, Take-Home Harvest Dinner tickets are on sale now. They are $85 for current members, or $95 for nonmembers (become a member for 2020 and save $10). Your reservation includes a sumptuous farm-to-table dinner and the warm feeling you’ll get helping us protect and connect people with our community’s natural resources, farmlands, and wildlife corridors. It’s a win-win for everybody. Eat well and do good! Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Deadline is September 10. All directions will be sent to you along with date reminders.
- Register online with a credit card.
- Print a PDF registration form to mail-in with a check.
- Can’t join us? Make a donation or voice your support in the printed program.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cannot accomplish our goals without the support, involvement, and enthusiasm of our sponsors, donors, and volunteers.
If you want to help continue the important community work of the Wintonbury Land Trust: