It’s time for a party with muffins, hot drinks, and (hopefully) snow at Hawk Hill Farm (map for directions).
Members and guests are invited to an informal Winter Social at Hawk Hill Farm. From 3:00 to 5:00 pm the Beanery Bistro will serve delicious muffins, hot chocolates, and coffees in the barn. Fire pits outside the barn will keep away the chill. We’ll have lawn chairs, or bring your favorite. Dress is stay-warm casual! Current members are free, and guests are $5 at the door (additional donations welcome).
Beginning at 2:00 pm an optional hike will start from the barn – and return in time for warm drinks and muffins with the others! Join us for up to 1.5 miles up Hawk Hill to Bloomfield’s LaSalette Park’s pond, woods, and view of Hartford.
We’re celebrating winter … and will be happy to tell you about the progress restoring the barn, keeping the farm in active use, and connecting trails in Land Trust and Town properties.
RSVPs appreciated. To help us plan, tell us you’re coming with an email.
Please come with good outdoor snow shoes or hiking boots if no snow is present. Wear seasonable outdoor clothing. The trail is an easy to moderate outing, one and a half to two hours in length.
Meet at the cul-de-sac at the top of Juniper Road in Bloomfield on Saturday, February 23rd at 9:30 am. Rain date is Sunday the 24th at 9:30 am. Check our Website and Facebook for postings or cancellation.
The Wintonbury Land Trust cordially invites you for a night of toasts, good cheer and gourmet delights at our fourth annual Wine & Dine dinner and fundraiser:
- “Meet and Greet” your neighbors and community at the picturesque Wintonbury Hills Golf Course for tasty appetizers, a glass of wine and friendly conversation.
- Then join other guests for a home-cooked dinner in an intimate group setting at one of our many hosts’ homes.
- Good food, special wines, meet interesting people in the community. Old fashion communication. It’s time to Eat Well, and Do Good.
- Dress code is “informal chic”.
Make Your Reservation
Tickets are $85 as a member or $95 as a nonmember (become a member and save $10). For this you get a reception with appetizers, a sumptuous meal with wine in a private home, and are doing something good for your community …helping the Wintonbury Land Trust protect our natural resources, farmlands, and wildlife corridors. It’s a win-win for everybody! Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis:
- Register online with a credit card.
- Print a PDF registration form to mail-in with a check.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Supporting the Community
Wine & Dine is Wintonbury Land Trust’s major annual fundraising event, contributing over $19,000 to our funds in the past three years! Last year’s event enabled our 501(c)3, all-volunteer nonprofit to:
- Advance the mission of Hawk Hill Farm – Ongoing partnership with multi-year lease with HighlandArt Farm and their Community Supported Agriculture program. Support member gatherings such as the Fall Social & Hike at the farm.
- Conduct Educational Outreach Events – “Bears in Connecticut” presentation at our annual meeting. Earth Day co-sponsorship and Trails Day nature hikes. Work with the Town of Bloomfield to promote the community gardens at Lisa Lane Farm.
- Fund Annual Operations and Build Reserves – Insurance, supplies, create a new website, stewardship, postage, property title searches, property surveys, and land appraisals. Strengthen our financial reserves so that we have monies available for major projects and future acquisitions.
Please join us in protecting our community’s natural resources, farmlands, and wildlife corridors:
National Trails Day on the first Saturday in June recognizes all the incredible benefits federal, state and local trails provide for recreation and exposure to nature. National Trails Day encourages people to discover their local trials, become active concerning trail issues and share their excitement for the outdoors.