Visitor Guidelines | ABB Preserve | Beacon Hill Preserve | Cohen Parcel | Evans Family Meadows | H.C.Davis Preserve | Howard Smith Parcel | Lyman Lane-Beatty Parcel | Lyman Lane-Sonski Parcel | Maple and Burr Road Corner | Merritt Preserve | Monterosso Parcel | Privilege Road Preserve | Schaffer Property | Sinnot Farm – The Knoll | Speer Preserve | Still Road DOT Preserve | Stout Family Fields | Tunxis Heights Preserve | Van Otterloo Preserve | Violette Property | William Capewell Greene Preserve | 513 Simsbury Road, Bloomfield
Approximately 295 acres total
Disclaimer: Map property boundaries are approximate.
Purchased in August of 2017. Our most recent “save,” the 23.5-acre Evans Parcel on Tunxis Avenue at the outflow of Reservoir #3 just 1.25 miles from Bloomfield Town Center has meadows, streams and forest. It will border the East Coast Greenway or be part of its actual pathway (planning underway). Long term it also will connect to the future East-West ‘Wintonbury’ town trail.
Donated January 1996 by Mr. Davis of the Northwood Industrial Park. 3.5 acres of woodland buffers Industrial Park from Blue Hills Avenue.
Native Bobcat – Photo by Brian Kulvete
Donated October 1997 by Mt. Sinai Hospital Foundation. 3.5 acres of mixed wetlands and woodland, buffers Tumblebrook Golf Course.
Griffin Brook, Merritt Preserve, by Dennis Hubbs
Donated December 2001. 48 acres, Parcel 1 and 2 at 91 Duncaster Road.
Eastern Box Turtle – Photo by Brian Kulvete
Donated March 1994 and December 2009 by the Nature Conservancy and Edmund and Elizabeth Speer. 13.9 total acres of secluded woodland, at the end of Juniper Road. See Trail Maps for more info.
Speer Preserve – Photo by Dennis Hubbs
Donated December 2012. 13-acre meadow at the end of Stone Hill Road, links to Penwood Park. See Trail Maps for more info.
Northern Saw-Whet Owl – Photo by Brian Kulvete
Donated Jan 2006 by Fernand Beaudry Jr. 5.144 acres on the west side of Tunxis Avenue (RT 189) stretching from Day Hill Road to Beaudry Lane. Only a small portion of the property abuts RT 189, most is located behind lots 1079, 1215, and 1216.
Donated December 1995 by Mr. And Mrs. Van Otterloo. The 9 acres of wooded hillside property with pond and dam, buffers Balbrae and West Hartford. See Trails Maps for more info.
Van Otterloo Cascade – Photo by Vikki Reski
Donated September 1984 by Gary Pierce of Derekseth. This was the first property donated to the Land Trust. 20.5 acres of mixed wetlands and meadow abutting Walt’s Hill and Adams Road down to state reservoir.
Donated December 30, 2008 by Beacon Financial (Ed Mashek). Lot 11, above Rundelane on Simsbury Road, 1 acre (more or less). Parcel was donated by a mortgage company.